Either works. I just got back from the dentist and while preparing to go back to working on the Fiction Project, I realized that I don’t have ANYTHING in my head right now. Nada. Anything worthwhile to use, anyway.
I have had a large canvas on my easel for a few-several months. I started the painting in January and worked on it for a few weeks, then stopped. So it just sits there. I didn’t take it off the easel when I rearranged my “studio”, so when I moved it, I hurt my back because of the weight and awkwardness…maybe I’m angry with it. Anyway, I thought posting photos of what progress I did make on it would be motivational for me.
This is what it started out as:
Then it turned into this:
I don’t know if you noticed, but they’re two different paintings. I started out in one direction, then decided to Thelma & Louise that idea, and covered it up with this. This is not unusual…I think well over 3/4 of all my paintings have at least 1 completely different painting under them. I have lots of canvases that have several paintings on them. I don’t know why I do it…I just do.
This is what it looks like right now:
Slight progress…enough progress that I’m able to remember where I was heading and I want to keep that direction.
Maybe I’ll write about it! Probably not. *sigh* Off to attempt to make something worthwhile!